Tuesday, June 19, 2007

'I used to pray when i was younger'

when wrong becomes right, and the only inspiration is taken from the tv:

i used to pray when i was younger
but my conscience...is no longer
the older i get the less i have to fight
the ideas and things that used to be right


my rules and regulations are no longer the same
because of the money and its newly brought fame
our lives changed because of the cash
and we wear it about us as if it were a sash


the more we get, the more we want

but the more we get, the more it haunts

we are no longer the muslims, we used to be
we are simply the replicas of what we see on TV
we can mimic the west right down to the dot
forget our ancestors, who, for islam, they fought!

the pressure is growing, to be like the "best"
but little do we know, we used to be better than the rest




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to pray when I was younger
Back in the day when I was stronger
I always wondered how I am in Allah’s sight
Don’t ask me how many times I wanted that light

Now I am grown and myself I blame
Why didn’t I think of His punishment and all the flame(s)
Yes, my life changed because of the cash
It brought nothing but filth, nothing but trash

the more we get, the more we want
but the more we get, the more it haunts

Between the TV, CD, AIM, and Work
The only sin we didn’t do is eating pork
Yes we do mimic the west right down to the dot
That is because after our deen we hadn’t sought

Uktyee, I feel your pain and it kills me everyday
Our glory is gone and we have nothing to say
So may Allah help you be the one
Who bring this Ummah to the light of the sun

Ameen

Anonymous said...

People should read this.